I'll need to connect most of them with more chapters. Probably about 30K in wordage. I know pretty much what needs to go where and it's going to take some work to make them fit. The fun will be in getting me to do it.
I'm finding myself too easily distracted by nonsense. And not just on social media, though that has turned into a cesspool thanks to the MAGAt Cult. I never knew such a large portion of America is populated with such vile, deliberately stupid creatures.
But it's not just in the US. It's around the world. Monsters cheering on Russia's slaughter of people in Ukraine as if it's just an online game. Others from God knows where using ChatGPT to write fictional stories about people facing down adversity in their families but presenting them as real. Others supposedly telling histories or biographies with information left out to skew it to suit their agendas.
I actually saw a post on FB that gave a brief outline about Itzhak Perlman's story...without once mentioning his name. Another was pure gossip. They show up on my timeline because the algorithm works out I like being told about people and history.
I'm not an historian, but I know enough to tell when I'm being bullshitted. Like the story of Constantinople being sacked by the Christian Crusaders...and leaving out that it was a Christian city. Just the wrong kind of Christian. Instead, it was strongly hinted that it was Muslim.
What did I read somewhere? We used to think stupidity was caused by a lack of information. And now we know that was never the case.
God help us.


No comments:
Post a Comment