It then connected with Simon's situation in 8th grade, when two classmates tried to blackmail him over erotic drawings he'd made and sold. They wound up discovering he didn't back down when he feels like he's being fucked over.
I'm just wondering if this is too early for that to come up. I may want to move it to after the first hearing, where he raises enough questions about the case the prosecution gets a continuance. It makes no sense to him, because they keep saying this is just a misdemeanor, but the prosecution also refuses to back away. Which forces him to make a third trip down to Barrington.
Question is, why? Is there any specific reason for Dillon to keep pushing forward? I need something better than just he hates to lose. Or his buddy, Officer Paley, is pushing for it because he's pissed at Simon for not being attracted to him. Or something. I don't know. It just needs to make a sort of sense.
I have a feeling this is going to be a serious stumbling block. Cops and prosecutors hate the idea of being forced to justify their actions in cases that have no actual stakes or meaning. They're lazy and prone to go for the easiest solution, which is just to walk away, most of the time. Look at how casual they are about rape cases...even when it's the assault of a child or a woman who's incapacitated.
So I have a new aspect of this to worry about. Lovely.


No comments:
Post a Comment