Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, October 23, 2022

Sick day...

I decided to do laundry at a full-scale laundromat and got a salad to-go from Pie-o-Mine, figuring I was being a good boy. Washing blankets and mattress cover, too. Getting ready for winter. If last week was any indication, it's going to be a fun one.

Well...the first laundromat I went to was packed, and the second one was open but not very good. Washing was okay but the driers sucked. And it was a lot more expensive than doing it in the building where I live or the first place I went to. Then on top of it, the fucking salad made me sick.

I'd planned to go grocery shopping but instead came home and tended to myself. Nap, too. Brain scattered. And somehow I wound up tracking in three little brown spiders. Caught them all and put them outside, where they won't starve. I'm just now feeling human, again.

The last time I got sick from a salad at that place, I blamed it on the uncured bacon the used for bacon bits. Uncooked, too. Not this time. Guess I'm steering clear of that joint. Not even balsamic vinegarette dressing protected me.

In short, nothing done on APoS, today. But I will have a fourth draft done, soon. 

No comments: