Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, October 29, 2022

Not done, yet...

 

Off to a job, tomorrow, so no more writing will be done till I get back. It's a long drive there and I'm getting too old for this kind of work because it exhausts me. I can use the money, of course, which is why I still do it, but eventually I just won't be able to.

Anyway, I'm currently working on the Bloody Sunday section and that has to be exactly right so I'm not rushing it. After that is Brendan taking Joanna to the circle fort and then deciding to leave Derry, forever...both pretty intense...

I guess I can still do NaNoWriMo if I push it, but I've got the second part of this job the second week of November, in NYC, for three days...so I may pass. I'm pretty much written out and this book is taking a toll. I just want to read something light and fluffy.

What was nice about reading Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris was seeing how Paul Galico skimmed over so much and yet still built somewhat interesting characters...and enjoying how much better the new film version is.

I also read Once Upon a Tome by Oliver Darkshire about his time at Henry Sotheran's, in London, as an apprentice and then antiquarian bookseller. Very light and easy and pleasant, and he's got a lot of wit behind his style.

So right now I'm building a headache so am signing off and won't be signing on again till Thursday night, at the earliest. Maybe the trees are still turning so I can get some nice photos of Fall colors to share.

No comments: