Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, November 4, 2022

NaNo is a No-Go...

Another job got added onto the job in NY, so I didn't get home till today. This job was in Vermont and entailed bringing the shipment back with me to Caladex to pack. It wasn't exactly extensive, just delicate and requiring better care than usual. And it was way upstate in an area with no cell phonage or even GPS. But I did have a supervisor to make sure everything was well-organized.

I was smart enough to keep the trip up on my phone so could just reverse that to get back to a place that would work for me. If you want to see video of part of the drive, check it out on Facebook. But listen with low or no sound; that road is miles long and only packed gravel. It be loud.

So...it was 45 minutes to get to the second location's site, from my hotel. Then I still had to pack the books and daguerrotypes well-enough for transport, which took just over an hour, and hit the road. And it never ceases to amaze me how tired you can get from just driving. Sitting in a car and aiming it while it's on cruise-control.

Well, when I was able to use the cruise. Seems the back roads of Vermont are traveled by people in Subarus who go 5 mph UNDER the speed limit. Didn't have that issue on the back roads of NY. Quite the opposite; I wasn't speeding enough for many of them. It is pretty country, however, Montpelier is a truly ugly town.

So after unloading everything, turning in the car, and packing the shipment -- three double-walled boxes -- I didn't get home till 5pm. I was going to make a burger...only a wave of weariness swept over me so I nuked my dinner. Healthy Choice Steamer of Teriyaki Beef and veggies. And sat at my window and ate and vegged.

No writing done, nor much thinking for APoS. But I am definitely not doing NaNoWriMo. That's all I need is another book to finish, right now.

No comments: