Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Draft 4 of APoS is done.

 I've got a budding headache from eyestrain, but the fucker is through this draft and ready to sit for a while to give me some space. I am so written out, right now.

I've also asked on Facebook for someone to read it and give me feedback on whether or not it's actually working. I'm way too close to be objective. Dunno if I'll get any takers. It's over 132,500 words long.

I guess I may need to renew the copyright on the story. I set that up some years ago, when it was in 2nd draft...but we'll see. I need to dig into my paperwork to see and right now I just can't think. But Thanksgiving is going to be great. I'll watch Miracle on 34th Street (1947), again.

I had some fun with a little holiday made up by a 7 year-old boy -- Wolfenoot. The attached image has an explanation of it. I made a pot roast with potatoes and carrots that was cooked to perfection. I dumped a chuck steak, onion, french onion soup packet and water into a crock pot and let it cook for 12 hours, on low, before adding the potatoes and carrots.

I also made a cake for the first time in years. I'd tried to make it white, but I used whole eggs instead of just egg whites so it came out yellow. Still...I licked the bowl.

However...the frosting was chocolate fudge and I managed to work up something of a design of a wolf howling at the moon on it, using a tube of something or other. Tasted good, every bit of dinner...as it better have because it was not cheap.

But I have leftovers.

No comments: