Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, November 24, 2022

More writing done...

 As is my wont, I realized I hadn't written one section of APoS correctly so went in and redid it...which led to another part needing to be adjusted...which led to another rewrite and polish of other areas, and now I know I'm doing a draft 5. It's 29 chapters, at the moment, still at 582 pages, and now closer to 133,000 words.

BUT...I got a couple of friends whose opinions I trust to say they would read it and give me feedback. So now I'll be waiting for them before I do any further work on it.

So made Thanksgiving dinner -- turkey with craisins, mashed potatoes with homemade gravy (you can tell by the lumps), sweet potato and creamed corn. With a Guinness. Then I sorted through a pile of paperwork and most of it's sorted away. Had more of my Wolfenoot cake a bit ago, with some milk and am now feeling very sleepy. I may go to bed early; I'm braving Black Friday to pick up a prescription refill, hit the bank and the PO. Such fun.

Over the weekend I'll be pulling together more agents to query about the book. I've decided I'd rather not self-publish it through Ingram. They've become difficult to deal with. If I ask for a report of how many copies of each title I've sold for 2022, I'm sent a blank Excel Spreadsheet. No figures in it, at all. If I ask for the report in a PDF, they send me one that tells me the total sales only, doesn't break them down by title.

If I contact customer service and tell them that their reporting system isn't working, they tell me how to get a report...through the reporting system that isn't working. It's like they don't read for comprehension. So I have to go back and forth with them, over and over, till they finally get me what I'm asking for. It's irritating.

That on top of them withdrawing HTRASG from distribution without telling me then getting angry with me for demanding an answer as to why suggests it's best if I avoid them. Once I'm done with APoS, I may look into another home for all my titles. I own the ISBNs so can take them anywhere.

Too bad; Ingram used to be so good.

No comments: