Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Head hurt but feel good...

Because I've got the third section of POS restructured in a way that I feel works. It fits together and the rhythm is back, and Brendan and I can see what needs to be done in the way of linkage. I wound up chucking everything I'd done over the last week -- YouTube dissing me gave me the idea, so I guess that wasn't a total loss -- and went back to reworking it step by step...and dropped the bits that were too Hollywood and let the logic of the story lead me straight to a point where it sets up my initial ending beautifully. Ah, the joy of writing.

I'm heading back to the first section, now, and starting the fill-in process from the beginning. I have a lot of Brendan's childhood and youth to detail, still, but I have ideas on those, again, and figure I'll just fake what I don't know. I can always correct it later.

Here's something that helped me along, muse-wise.This picture is from around 1970 and I think is on a cricket pitch behind the Creegan Estates, just as relations were beginning to sour between the British troops and the Catholic population.

No comments: