Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hard time posting

Took me fifteen minutes to get into my composing page, this evening. I don't know if it was Fios or Blogger, but it's irritating.

I have no idea what's going on with Carli's KILLS. She's gone off the deep end and I am, quite honestly, not interested in following her down the road she wants to go. Zeke thinks I've done the going too far, especially with Grady's murder, and wants me to tone it down. I think they're testing me to see what will happen if things get too fierce. And it pisses me off.

I know what the ending is. I need it to matter, and it won't unless I work the story like it was going. Carli's crap is making it nothing but kinky, and that will diminish the meaning.

I've got too much else going on to play these kinds of mind games with myself...and yes, I know that sounds crazy. So I'm taking a break from it, to give myself a chance to sort it out in the back of my brain. We'll see how that goes. Thursday I'm catching a 6:30am plane to get to Columbia, SC (not my favorite place to go) then I'm driving back to Buffalo. A 2-day journey. I'll see what happens on the road.

I worked on David Martin, this evening, trying to figure out how to use Smashwords to get the electronic version ready and then deal with the print version. I need to find my copyright certificate and look into getting a couple of ISBNs...which will cost. But the plane trip ought to give me a chance to dig in deeper and build up the info I need to do this right.

Then comes another job...and then the trip to Hong Kong...and I'm starting to whine.

God, I'm predictable.

No comments: