Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

About to leave HK

Hong Kong hasn't changed much since I was here, two years ago. Only real difference is the weather -- last time it was brisk and I had to buy myself something to keep warm; this time it was sultry and humid. I never broke out my jacket, even in the breezes from yesterday.

And here is Gloucester Road on a Sunday afternoon. Once it got dark, it got busy.

I didn't do as much walking, but did more standing around waiting for people. And waiting in line. For a fast-paced city, it sure does move slow.

My flight's tomorrow at 4pm, and I'll be back in Buffalo just after midnight. They're 13 hours ahead of New York and it's a 15 hour flight just to JFK.

I'll try to do some work on my writing during the trip home. I got another aisle seat, which makes it a bit easier. But my focus is really bad, right now.

Being at the book fair made me start to wonder what was going on with The Alice '65. I haven't touched it since I finished it earlier this year, and I'm wondering why I let OT and CK waylay me from it. I haven't even reread it. I have to remedy that...but the question is, How?

Maybe I'll do some Zen time on the plane and let myself become one with the written word, or something.

No comments: