Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, November 25, 2013

Waitin' on a plane...

I like Hong Kong and in many ways it's a nice place for shopping and sightseeing and stuff. People are very polite...except in traffic or walking down the street; then it's "Move it, buster!" time. It helps to finally have a decent meal -- fried breaded pork on rice with curry sauce, at the airport.

But so many limitations still niggle at you. For example,  finding a shop to buy some water, in my terminal. I'd found this one I liked called Watson Green Cap that's carried 2 for $13HK in every 7-11 in the city and drank more of that than soda. Well...I went to a dozen places before finding a shop that offered anything other than spring water -- it was Perrier. I caught on pretty quick they don't offer Watson in this place. But there are a dozen signs pointing to a water fountain. Yeah, drink the local water. I don't even do that in NY. I wound up getting some mango sorbet with my last $40HK, instead.

It's going to be a long flight, I can tell. There's a brat already screaming about not being allowed to run all over the terminal. I have this horror I'll be seated next to them. I've already pulled out my earbuds and will pump up the volume, fast, fast, fast on the plane.

I'm looking forward to getting back to DM and my writing. That's probably adding to my pissy mood, like being without Dr. Pepper for 4 says and having to deal with Coke. Soon as I hit JFK, I'm making for a shop I know sells DP in Terminal 5 and guzzling 3 of them. I wonder if I'm addicted?

No, I don't...

No comments: