Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, September 12, 2014

And it's done, again...

I spent the evening working on A65 and have it completed. I even cut it down from 112 pages to 110. There wasn't a lot to be gotten rid of or changed -- just moments where I was pushing the story too hard and not being willing to lose a joke that wasn't really comfortable where it was. I like the build of Casey's and Adam's relationship. It feels normal and natural...exactly what I'm after.

Adam's messing around with me was him being happy, too. As are Casey and Gertrude, and we like it when Gertrude's happy. A lot's been cut from the story that I could easily work into a book -- more about what happened with Adam's father...and Casey's dad...and a more complete explanation of what's happening -- but the script has enough to make it work.

Tomorrow I'm headed down to Cleveland to get my awards from The Indie Gathering, and Sunday I'm off to NYC, again. Then I'm driving down to DC and headed back to Buffalo by car, on Thursday. It's a pretty drive, through rolling hills of forest in a thousand shades of green...and maybe some fall golds. I've already seen leaves beginning to drift down.

Wonder if we'll get snow, already?

No comments: