Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, September 5, 2014

Uncertain direction...

I was having dinner with some friends, last night, and told them a bit about Carli's Kills. My oldest and best friend, Karl Armstrong, who's an assistant editor at Paramount, popped up with the idea that Carli would make a great series of books, a la Jack Reacher. And that got Carli's attention...did it ever.

She knows I've considered using Jake Blaine in a series of gay mysteries. I even have a basic plot worked out for the next one -- Jake is asked by the Danish Government to investigate a soldier's death, because the Americans who handled it labeled it a suicide, and indications are that it was not.

That's as far as I've gotten, really, because I have so many other things I want to focus on...but Carli's got her mind going on the possibilities, and she already likes the notion of a woman being just as hard and strong and driven as a man. The positive thing is, this may take her away from the screenplay idea for a while and let me finish OT in peace.

Not that my other characters will let me. Today I got a nudge from Eric Smiley, the lead in Delay En Route. He's thinking of setting the script in 1982, when the G7 was having a summit in France.

And Cal wants me to make The Cowboy King of Texas into a play. NOW! And Adam's got ideas for The Alice '65 to make it better.

Jeez...I really need a long vacation away from everybody, even those in my own mind.

No comments: