Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Dead days work wonders...

It took me a while to get going, this morning. I had a ton of laundry to do and my whole system was out of whack...but I still managed to get back into The Vanishing of Owen Taylor and begin streamlining it. I really need to go through and make a list of all the characters, locations and time-frames; I realized I accidentally added 15 months to the whole situation between Jake and Tone from RIHC6.
Not cool...but that's what's so great about taking time off from your writing -- it gives you space to get a clearer view of what's happening.

I guess it was good that I didn't have much opportunity to really focus on OT while I was in LA. And since The Alice '65 is now knocking at my door (and people want to read it) I'm going to take a bit more time before I dive completely into Jake and Tone's world; I had the printout and was making notes as I cleaned my clothes.

For A65, I just need to do a polish to work in the ideas I had for Adam and Casey, then get it off, but I can only do that on my desktop; I don't want to buy a new version of Final Draft since I'm pulling back from scripts...but I can use the program to do plays, and The Cowboy King of Texas wants me to do that. Dammit. I can't think about this, now; I'll think about it, tomorrow.

My flight home was actually quite nice. We were in a 737-800 which has 8 emergency exit doors instead of 6, 2 of which only have two seats beside them and an extra space next to the door. I grabbed one of those and, since the plane wasn't full, no one sat beside me. That gave me three seat-back trays to work with...and I used 'em all. Totally fun.

So I guess now I have to take back some of my attitude about Southwest...

No comments: