A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home

A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home
All three volumes are available in hardcover, paperback and ebook!

Monday, July 27, 2026

Zoned...

I have no idea what I did today. Seriously, nothing. It's like I've been grabbed and held in place...

Well...not exactly. I did start prep for a colonoscopy by making Jello. And I worked up diagrams to use for building a couple of crates for boxes of books. But other than that? Blank.

I know I scrolled FB, Xitter, Instagram, email, my GMail and Tumblr. Responded to messages. Sort of. And did get mean-assed a couple times.

Of course, tomorrow's going to be even worse, because then I'm going into heavy-duty prep for an 8am procedure on Wednesday. Liquid diet and a full cleansing.

I've already fucked up by eating a chili relleno that had corn in it. You're supposed to avoid corn for 5 days. So I'm focused on the avoid and will let them know when I check in.

It's funny, but this isn't the first time I've had a colonoscopy. It will be my fourth. And each time a single polyp got removed that turned out to be benign. But something about this one is eating into me.

Maybe it's because my back hurts. My left shin itches from what seems like an insect bite but I can't find evidence of one. My left neck and shoulder are aching. And I'm in my seventies, now. Feeling pretty fragile, even though I know I'm doing a lot better than most people, health wise.

I've also developed Type 2 Diabetes since the last one. So I don't know. Maybe I'm entering full-blown cranky old man phase of life...or just a fatalistic view of everything thanks to age and the political climate.

I do have a couple ideas to add to MQM if I can get past my self-pity. Elissa dissing Simon's art, for one. Maybe. It's insulting, but I don't want this to be initiated by hurt feelings. Yet I'm still lost as to the meaning of the story.

I dunno...I'll just write it and see what comes up.

No comments: