Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

I got my picture...

And it won't cost me anything! I can't believe it. I just have to coordinate things with Jordan, the model. Of course I'm giving the photographer, Philip Vlasov, credit as well as Jordan. But it's nice to have this happen.

I reworked the cover a bit. Just a bit of tweaking, nothing major. I'm thinking I may take out the watercolor effect on Jordan, but I like the mosaic aspect of Palm springs. Owen's townhouse having a great view of the valley plays into the story, some.

I'm still resisting the restructuring I've done on the opening. It feels wrong. My gut still tells me I have to start with the question and not wait till the beginning of chapter 2 to bring it in It's just wrong. But I can't figure out how to get it in there if I jump into the action, like this.

I have to think...and maybe get drunk. I haven't been in years. Maybe that'll help me loosen up.

Maybe that'll be how I get all my writing done, from now on...

No comments: