Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, June 25, 2023

Shit, shit, shit...


One of the two portals on my MacBook Pro is dead, the one I used for the power connector. I didn't know this until the battery had drained to nothing and it shut down on me, completely. Took me all kinds of tricks to get it back up, and that was only when I tried the second portal as a last resort. That worked. I tried plugging in a thumb drive to the initial portal and nothing. Won't load in.

On top of this, the battery needs replacing because it will not hold a charge for more than half an hour. I hadn't cared because I was working from home and had it plugged in. But if the primary portal is dead and the second one is being used for power, I have no way to download anything onto a drive unless I unplug the power and do it quick, quick, quick. 

Which I did, today. Saved everything I could, even stuff I had already saved. Just to be safe. I suppose I could pull out my old MacBook and see if it will work with the WiFi. I really liked it, but it's 15 years old. so has limitations.

Looks like I'll be buying that MacMini, after all, since I do 99% of everything on my laptop at home. Pisses me off, but what can you do?

I hate technology.

No comments: