Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, September 27, 2024

Dithery day...

I'm going to LA on Wednesday to pack some books on Thursday and, currently, am slated to fly home on JertBlue's redeye, that night. This was finalized after a lot of bouncing around as regards what to do about a book that needed to go to New York instead of London, with the others.

I already had a ticket for Friday night's redeye to get back to Buffalo, so changed that to go through JFK. But once the changes had been made, it turned out the client already had a plan for the book and I didn't need to be involved. Which was good. Except, having changed my flight once, online, I couldn't change it, again, online. I had to call in to make another change, and I won't get a seat assignment till I get to the airport. That's not comforting.

It set the tone for the day, however. I'd do some of what I needed then shift to something else that needed to be done then forget what I was doing and start yet another project...and now I've got a pile of paperwork that needs sorting through. And I'm still reminding myself I need to get some groceries so have to work up a list.

On top of it, Ingram Spark sent me the wrong quantities of the first two volumes of A Place of Safety, and one even had the wrong cover on it. I'd ordered 4 copies of Derry but got 6, and ordered 6 copies of New World For Old but got 4, one of which had the dust jacket of Derry on it. I filed a report (with pictures) but God knows how long it will take them to correct it.

The positive thing is, I balanced my checkbook, got some bills paid, and sorted out when I'm going where, this month. Three trips -- LAX, San Antonio, and Seattle. And then a possible shipment from Buffalo, the first week of November. With a short bit of time in-between them. That is why I gave up on getting HNH in order, soon. I'd have turned out a piece of shit.

Hopefully, these trips will all go well. But I'm not going to think they will till after I'm done.

Especially since I'm flying Southwest, for the majority of it.

No comments: