Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Progress...

I've been trying to find out more about this image, hoping to use it for the cover of Home Not Home. Well, Derry of the Past posted it on their FB page and the location has been narrowed down. It's on Spencer Road, just before the street curves around to lead onto the Craigavon Bridge.

Now people are trying to identify the young man in the photo or who might have been taking pictures in the area at the time. It's almost like a scavenger hunt with the people on that site, and it's fun.

I have an alternative idea for the cover, just in case, but this is the one that haunts me most...and has from the moment I saw it.

I'm now caught in one of the laws of writing -- the moment you seem to be getting somewhere, major distractions will come your way. I might have three more packing or pickup jobs to handle in DC, LA and here in Buffalo within the next month.

I was in at the office for a bit, after my podiatrist appointment, and we discussed it. Nothing absolute, yet, but a couple are rush jobs, so... As for my feet, they're wearing out and all I can do is what I'm already doing, so that is that. But I do have good circulation in them.

I dropped off paperwork and my invoices, and may manage to be solvent, next month, without dipping into my savings. That'll be nice.

Is anyone open to starting up a GoFundMe to pay off my credit card debt? I only need $35,000. It's for a good cause...letting me laze around my apartment and write. That's good use, isn't it?

I made a chicken-fried steak for dinner...and it was goood. But it's also reminding me of how good it was, several hours later.

No comments: