Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

One of those days

I'm a lazy piece of crap. I hate getting up at 8am to go to work; my natural waking time is between 10 and 10:30 because my normal bedtime is 2am. So I make myself go to bed about 1 or 1:30 and do on not very much sleep, and sometimes it catches up to me. Like today.

Didn't help it was a pissy day at work. Problems with imports. Changes in exports. Customs officials deciding they want to prove they got some power by holding your shipment for no good reason. A pile of things that needed to be done that didn't get done because FedEx stopped talking to the thermal printer we have to use to print out labels with bar codes and their Tech Support being worthless. Cats having major attitude problems. I didn't leave till 6:30pm.

So I wussed and gorged at Elmwood Taco and got home late and did nothing but crap work. Now it's 11:30 and I've accomplished nothing on IF or VOT. Which brings on my whiney mode and self-flagellation. Like clockwork. Irritating.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm worth all the trouble.

No comments: