Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, October 24, 2014

I hate technology

Every time I turn around, I have to "update this" or "download that" in order to play videos or stream or do work or anything on my computer or my phone. I've been burning most of my work onto CD-Rs because I had them available and don't have the ready cash for another thumb drive. Now I need to upgrade Flash...even though I did it only last month. Another app bumps me off half the time, so it needs to be updated. WTF is going on? How the hell do you keep up with all the crap when there's only 24 hours in a day and you're working or sleeping for at least half of it?

This hasn't been a good day, at all...and tomorrow promises to be even worse. My car's water pump is loose and rattling and I have to get it fixed before the fan rips everything apart. And I'm damn near broke. Means digging into my tax fund.

At the same time, I'm close to quitting my job, I'm so upset. I got bawled out for trying to plan for a packing job because it's supposed to be top secret. No one said it was...but so what? The people I work for expect you to know what they're talking about when they don't spell anything out.

I'm tired. My head's going nuts. I'm not in the mood to do anything. Perfect place to be...back to whining.

I ought to start this post over, but I promised myself I'd never do that...dammit.

No comments: