Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, October 3, 2014

Once you start...

...It's hard to stop. Now that I'm rearranging Kazn into Vengeance, I'm getting hit with ideas on how to make it leaner and cleaner. I dropped another sub-plot about money being stolen from people's bank accounts, using electronic transfers. That works better coming out of Russia than France or England. I also made one character British and another went back to being Russian.

Two others have been cut and I have a car bombing at the beginning that looks expensive but can be shot for very little. The big deal will be shooting some scenes in a villa outside Marseille, overlooking the Mediterranean. Nothing in Morocco looks like that; it's a lot flatter and mostly desert, so they'll have to do a couple days in France.

I did throw in one snarky bit where a guy comes up to customs to enter the country, and when he's asked why he's coming to Casablanca, he says, "For the waters. I came for the waters." I had to fight to keep from adding in, "But we're in the desert," and "I was misinformed." Truncated, but...

Well...need I say more?

No comments: