Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Out-clevered...

Sometimes I out-clever myself and get into trouble. That synopsis I sent out...thinking I wouldn't hear back for a few days...or weeks? They already want to see the script. So now I'm in the middle of a frantic rewrite. Which isn't proving to be all that hard, just time-consuming. Because it means changing names and locations and characters, in some cases, which means changing actions.

But the fact is, I'm clearing out a lot of things I'd tried with KAZN -- non-linear structure, telling a third of the story in flashbacks that informed on the current situation, that sort of stuff. This is going to be fairly mainstream and straightforward...and cheaper to shoot.

I'm keeping just the bedrock of the story -- that JP is being used to kill a man he thinks killed his family for reasons he doesn't come to see until he almost does exactly that. At the same time, VENGEANCE is going to be very different from the original. LA and Malibu became near characters in that one. This one, I'm thinking on my feet and coming up with solutions that surprise me.

Like using a drone to spy on people. One of the wonders of our brave new world.

This may prove to be fun...

No comments: