Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

They didn't even look at it...

Worked my ass off all weekend to get Death Target (the title I decided on for Vengeance) in order and I did a damn good job...and they didn't even read it. I got one of those, "Thanks for sending this, but we already found something," notes. I didn't do this on my own; if it'd just been a notice posted on InkTip or ISA or Mandy, I'd have ignored it. But I was told they wanted to look at the script on Monday. So I got them the script on Monday. And got less than nothing in return.

It's a good script. Damn fucking good. I don't always feel that way about my work, but this time there's no question in my mind, so I know they didn't turn it down because it was poorly written or plotted. And no question in my mind it could have been done for a million in Morocco while still looking like it cost ten times more. But what can you do when they won't even consider your work? My writing could be on the same level as Shakespeare's and it wouldn't do me a damn bit of good.

That, in and of itself was hard to take, but this evening I finally got hold of someone at the Riverside County Sheriff's Office to discuss the ins and outs of Indio's county jail, and that kicked one subplot and two chapters of OT out the window. I still need to find someone in the DA's office to talk with about other aspects of the story, but as of now...

...As of now, I'm taking a break from writing. I can't handle this shit and deal with traveling to Seattle and handling family crap and being told at least once a day that I did something the wrong way, at work. Not that what I did wasn't correct; I just didn't do it the way they wanted.

Warning, warning...nice, big crash and burn en route to my psyche; take cover.

No comments: