Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Rearranging the future...

Looks like I'm not coming to California in February. I'm handling the Miami Map Fair, instead. This year, the ABAA is holding the California Antiquarian Book Fair in Oakland instead of San Francisco. At a hotel convention hall in downtown, meaning there'll be no room to do the pack & ship thing I'd been doing the last few fairs. So no need for me to be there.

On top of that, the map fair is the same weekend as California's, and since we have a number of international clients who exhibit there, someone needs to be on site. So...I've got a room set up close by and I'll be in Miami for the third time in my life. Never been much impressed with the place, but maybe I'll run into William Levy, while I'm there, and we can talk about how he was robbed of the championship on Dancing With The Stars.

I'm trying to organize my workspace for the challenge...which will only be where I work for 3 weeks. Seven days will be during my trip to Hong Kong, so I better do better than the average, up front. There's also the possibility of another job, and I'd have to go there on the 30th...so that's only 22 solid days to make Bugzters a book.

Well...I do like to travel. Wonder if I'll be able to get back to London anytime soon? Or Paris ever again? Only way I could afford it is on the company dime.

Still...it's something to strive for...

No comments: