Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Regrouping

I spent the last couple of days wallowing in misery and contemplating getting drunk...for about half an hour, then I focused on what my next step will be. First I made an inventory of all my scripts -- not counting the ones that were work for hire or rewrites of other people's screenplays -- and plays. Here's a list, in no particular order.

The Alice '65
Carli's Kills
Find Ray T
Blood Angel
Coby O' and the Pink Palace of Texas
5 Dates
Darian's Point
Return to Darian's Point
KAZN (and its adaptation, Death Target)
Mine to Kill
Brand of Justice
Dair's Window
Killing Moon
Wide New World (aka: Still Life)
Delay En Route
We-come
Iron Cross
Bandit Country
The Loft
The Cowboy King of Texas
Cyber-Tribes
Bugzters
The Lavender Curse

I've written another 10 that I have no rights to -- and 4 more are half-written. And there are several books I need to finish writing --

Place of Safety
The Vanishing of Owen Taylor
Hunter
Underground Guy
The Golden Sea
Robert's Wife

I'm near the tail-end of my life. If I don't get my ass in gear, all of my stories will be lost. No one cares about unproduced or unpublished works once you're dead. So I'm seriously thinking about shifting every one of my scripts into book format and the hell with screenplays. I haven't quite convinced myself, yet, but reality is biting me in the ass and it fucking hurts.

When that happens, you better pay attention.

2 comments:

MAC said...

That is quite a list my friend. The only thing I can say is, don't focus on the untold stories, revel in the ones you have shared with world already.

You have created so many amazing novels and screenplays... that's quite an accomplishment for any lifetime. From this point on, any additional tales is just icing on top of an already delicious cake!!

HAVE A FABULOUS WEEKEND!
XOXO
MAC

JamTheCat said...

Thanks, Mac. Your support and kind words always help me. And you're right -- it's time to focus on the cupcakes I've got and wait till they're done to make more. Otherwise I'd look gluttonous...not that I don't, already.