Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Rewrite's done

Got it down to 100 pages, and may change the title to Marked For Death. I'm going to scan through it one more time to make sure I have everything in order and all the affiliated changes done...but it's a lot faster and cleaner.

I cut back on the number of locations, too. And I think Spain could substitute for France in the Marseille sequences, so long as the filmmakers are careful. That would be cheaper. There's still some jumping back and forth in time, though nowhere near as much in the Russian version of the script.

If anyone questions that, I can always say I'm trying for a Steven Soderberg style, like in Ocean's 11 and The Limey. I liked how that worked, and how lovely the moments were that it set up in The Good Soldier. And JP's breakdown works better with him being half French instead of full-blood Russian.

Guess we'll see how it goes...

No comments: