Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, March 15, 2024

A Place of Safety-New World For Old draft 6 is done


It's 2am and I'm brain dead, but this draft is completed and ready for the next go-through.


653 double-spaced pages in 12pt Courier font, and 145,946 words, 34 chapters.

The last chapter still needs work due to me adding a visit by the Feds and a Brit to question Brendan, so I want to make sure that works well. But I'm never saying I'm cutting back anything, ever again. It's like my subconscious takes that as a challenge to add.

I'm ready to. This map is Houston in 1975. It's gone from abut 2million to being over 7million in populations, now. Insane. Small wonder the damn place is sinking below sea level.

Taking time off from the book, now. 

No comments: