Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, March 29, 2024

A third of the way through...

I reworked chapters 11 and 12 three times before I was happy with them. Lots of shifting around comments and combining moments to remove any trace of repetition. Brendan also chatters along, a bit, and I'm trimming some of that back. The word count is down to just over 145K from 146K and feels a lot better. I'm beginning to consider sending it out for feedback and proofing/editing when I'm done with this draft.

And officially speaking, this is the seventh draft, considering the amount of rewriting I'm doing.

I increased the size of the document I'm going through to 200% and it shows errors a lot better. I'm also using the mouse that fits with the Caladex PC laptop I have. It has a little connector that I plug into a USB extension so the Mac can use it, and it is nowhere near as freaky when my hand goes near it, not like the Mac Magic Mouse is.

That thing, if I even think of moving my hand anywhere near it, all of a sudden I'll have scrolled down 2-3 pages and not know where I am. Or if I'm in Ps, it'll shift the image all over the screen and I spend half my time putting it back where I want it. And that's on the least sensitive setting. But the most ridiculous aspect of the mouse is, they put the plug where you recharge it on the bottom, so you can't use the damned thing while it's connected to a power source.

I don't know what the fuck is going on with Apple/Mac, but those people have no common sense when dealing with how people can actually use the great and glorious designs they come up with. 


No comments: