Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, March 8, 2024

I'm going nuts, again...


I'm still lost regarding this moment in NWFO. I get so close to thinking I know a way around this fucking brick wall...and then swoosh, change of direction. And this starling swarm is probably the purest reflection of my mental process that's possible, right now.

I know it's writer's block and I've tried a number of ways to break through, but all it's gotten me, so far, is a headache. And nails chewed down to nothing, along with cuticles. And too damn much crap eaten. Tonight, I was so mad about the whole process, I wolfed down two oversized cinnamon rolls and now want a tumbler of milk to chase them.

I'm not ready to let go of this book, yet, and work on something else. Maybe after the weekend. But right now, I want to maintain a clear line of communication with it and hope that something pops up before I surrender to my other main method of breaking writer's block -- writing another story, altogether.

I hesitate on that because then I lose focus and the main line of the book and would have to rebuild it. But maybe that's what's needed.

No comments: