Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, March 4, 2024

LA Times Festival of Books

Okay...A Place of Safety-Derry is going to be exhibited at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books, April 20-21. I don't have a booth number, yet, but it'll be with The Reading Glass Books. So that makes two major book festivals APoS-Derry is in, so far. I'm hoping this will get it plenty of notice.

I also worked up an online ad to use in a couple of places -- Twitter, Facebook and such. I don't seem able to format this properly for Instagram; too much gets cut off. It's a simple ad, but will do for the moment. Once I'm done with New World For Old, I'll see about working up something more.

I'm through the rewrite to page 480 out of 635, so I'm on the downhill slide. Brendan's been attacked for dating a Cajun girl and all hell has broken loose because he thinks his uncle was behind it. He's finally seeing that the intolerance in Houston is just as severe as it was in Derry, and is torn up about it. But it leads him to a respite, of sorts.

I have to keep reminding myself that it's still 1975 when this happens. He was brought over in October 1972 but wasn't cognizant till April 1973, so it's only been two years that he's been healing and having to deal with Texas' way of handling things. Just when he thinks he's back on top of his life, something knocks him off center.

Sort of like how life does, in general, doesn't it?

No comments: