Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, January 29, 2018

That was quick...

I sent in an application to be allowed to apply for a Library of Congress number, yesterday, and I already got the OK! Didn't expect it for a week. So I sent one in on behalf of The Alice '65. And got a notice back they had "The alive '65" under review. I nearly fell over. I checked every part of that application before I hit send, and I'd have sworn I had everything correct. But I can't find out till they issue the number; then I supposedly can make changes.

I'm finding my typing and ability to catch my errors is getting worse. Like I have minimal control over my fingers and my brain doesn't connect with my eyes, sometimes. I like to blame some of it on this laptop's slim keyboard, and that is part of the issue...but I do still have some of the same trouble on a regular keyboard, at work. I have to proof my emails three times to make sure they're right, and sometimes I still miss things.

I had myself checked for Alzheimer's and dementia, since those run in my family. But I didn't score anywhere near what they say indicates either illness. I also asked about dyslexia becoming more pronounced as you age, but the doctor shrugged that off with, "You either are or aren't, and since you've never been diagnosed with it..."

I dunno...maybe I just need to stop pushing so hard and kick back a little. Maybe I'm just more hyper-critical of my work so more aware of the errors I'm making. This is why I now use editors for my work; they can catch most of my fuck-ups...but then again, they don't catch all of them.

Just glancing over A65 to add in a change I wanted to make about Adam's stylish redo, I found a couple of inconsistencies -- noting he's not supposed to have a belt, for example, then a paragraph later, he's slipping a belt on. It was like that two drafts ago.

Oopsie...

No comments: