Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Back to the NYC

Thursday I'm en route back to NYC to do a packing job for an auction house.  I spent the last couple days making some passepartouts (protective folders to hold documents and letters) and enjoying the non-stop snow.  I know I'm supposed to be irritated by it, but I'm finding I like the feeling of it.  I know if I had to work outside or drive around in it a lot I'd probably feel differently, but as of now it's still a wondrous occasion.

Anyway, I return to the great white way Monday, if all goes well.  We'll see.  I'm staying in Yonkers, for some reason (I didn't make the accommodations, this time) which will be an adventure.  I think.

My mind is drifting back to sketching, lately.  I finished a rework of LD and will probably input it once I get back from NYC, but I'm getting the bug to work up a piece of art.  It's been so long since I've done anything serious in that.  Jeez, almost 2 years.  Time vanishes when you don't pay attention, doesn't it?

I would love to comment on Obama caving to the GOP, again, but bitchin' and whinin' are banned, dammit.

I did find out I cannot cook a steak.  Burgers, great.  All sorts of casseroles and veggies, no problem.  But I bought a nice NY Cut of steak and marinated it in Teriyaki Sauce and seared it in a frying pan and damn near charcoaled  it.  I think I should have done the broiling thing.  Maybe next time.

No word on when "Bobby Carapisi 3" is coming out, yet.  Looks like it will be after the New Year.

No comments: