Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Amazon's got attitude

A friend of mine contacted them asking why they'd pulled 2 of my books and was told it was none of his business.  They still haven't given me an explanation, even though I've now let them know I saw the news segment that highlighted HTRASG. I mean, the book was available and selling for 3 years before this with just one hiccup when it got un-ranked for a couple weeks along with thousands of other books that're gay-based.  Now it's like I'm toxic.

Hell, I don't even know how many copies I've sold, so I can't leverage that; my sales report hasn't been updated since last December.  Doesn't help that the book's link on Nazca Plains still leads to Amazon's page instead of Barnes & Noble's or Buy.com, so it comes up as unavailable.  Looks like I've been dumped on by the big bastards and shrugged off by the little one.

When I think of how much I've done for that fucking publisher...

I'm a fucking idiot.  No other way to fucking put it.

3 comments:

Brad Rushing said...

I don't think you're an idiot. You're just a terminal idealist when you choose to be. And for some reason you have been giving that butthole publisher the benefit of the doubt this whole time, while he has been giving you the rectal chainsaw.

I think he's a bad seed and I hope you try publishing your next book through someone else. At least you now have a demonstrable track record.

Good luck, Kyle! You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Don't let it get you down. Anyone who wants to buy one of your books will find a way. I found the other sites selling them within two seconds doing a search on Bing. I wouldn't be surprised if sales actually have gone up due to the controversy.

It's ironic that in some ways you're experiencing the same kind of unjust treatment by a closed-minded populace that the characters in your books often do. Perhaps inspiration for a future story?

JamTheCat said...

Thanks, guys. I'm contemplating possibilityes, still.