Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Note to self...

...Don't let others set your itinerary.  It only leads to silly problems that wind up making things more difficult.  Like for instance, staying at a hotel in Yonkers to save a few bucks when you're working in mid-town Manhattan.  Yes, there's a train straight from Yonkers to Grand Central Station...and it costs $7-9 each way, depending on time of day.  But the station is three miles from the hotel and the hotel shuttle is...oh, let's call it sporadic.  AND...you have to get up an hour earlier to catch it than you would if you were staying in, oh, mid-town Manhattan.

Fortunately, the two people who set the itinerary (the owners of the company I work for) were with me and saw just how silly it was, and now we're ensconced in a hotel in...mid-town Manhattan.  That is a 15-20 minute walk for where we need to be.  There wasn't much I could say; they're the ones paying for everything. And I didn't know, myself, just how awkward it would be getting to the job...or just how difficult this job would be, so I'm glad they were along.  But sometimes people work at making things harder than they need to be (not me...no...never...not in a million years...seriously).

So I'm here until Tuesday or Wednesday in a city that has some amazingly good-looking guys.  And the owners are off having a beer and discussing things.  I'm across the street from a Chipotle so just had a couple of tacos and a DP and I'm happy.  I'm dog tired but that's par for the course.

I haven't had time to think about LD or POS or anything.  All I've done is send Amazon another e-mail asking about my books.  My last one got "forwarded to the correct department" so God knows when I'll head from them.

Time to go soak in a tub.  I wonder if they bubble bath?

No comments: