Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Amazon's censorship is spreading to other books

I'm not sure which ones, but I've been informed of other books being banned by Amazon and editions of the books being seized back from Kindles without bothering to let the buyer know.  So far as I'm concerned, that's flat out theft.  Once you buy the book, you own it unless you WANT to return it.  For any corporation to just take it away from you without any legal process is communist, fascistic, totalitarian or whatever you want to use to describe censorship.  Anyone who buys from Amazon is supporting their actions.

I've been running too fast to do anything more than focus on family, so far.  I'll be home Saturday night, if all goes well.  Guess we'll see.  Then next year I'm going after Amazon, and starting at the top of the fucker's food chain, not the scum-laden bottom.

No comments: