Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Clipping along

More done on "The Lyons' Den" to the point I've got a hundred pages left to rework.  It's up over 52K and I'm happy with it, so far.  I even found a couple of continuity errors and reworked them to better suit the building chaos in the night and in Daniel's mind.

The rash kept getting worse so I went to an urgent care facility to have it checked...and I got in and out in less than half an hour.  I've never had that happen before.  All nice and neat and very polite.  And it sure is an allergy, but apparently the weather is exacerbating it, so the doctor (who looked like she was the female version of "Doogie Howser") put me on Prednisone and a nice antihistamine for a week.  Good thing I'm just going to Texas; I'll be nice and mellow while I'm there.  I can already see a difference after the first dose of each -- though one possible side-effect is I may wind up looking like The Elephant Man.  Wouldn't take much.

I'm seeing more and more that I need to add a strong line of black Irish humor to "Place of Safety."  Can that be done and still have a touch of innocence to it?  I wonder.

Ah...the Zertec is kicking in, good.  Time for bath and bed.

No comments: