Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

LD Redux

I'm doing a quick polish of "The Lyons' Den" just for consistency and clarity, and I really have fallen in love with Daniel and Van.  They're Yin and Yang personified, in direct partnership with Ace and Carmen (his secretary).  I have a copy of "Pan's Labyrinth" from Netflix to watch...I've had it a week...and I get more out of working with my guys on the story than even thinking about watching a movie.

I MAY watch "The Apartment" again, since LD has become closer in tone to that than to a Marx Brothers flick or "His Girl Friday."  There's still the farce but there's also the seriousness of it.  Guess I got too carried away with the idea of doing something like "The Man Who Came To Dinner" and let myself shift to working on "Arsenic and Old Lace."

But having Ace tell the story and watching Van interact with Daniel brings me a surprising peace.  It's all come together under him, and that makes me happy.

A good aspect of working on this book is, I can ignore the stupidity in Washington over Unemployment Benefits and tax cuts for the rich.  Crap like that both infuriates and depresses me...and I don't want that, right now.

So I'm halfway through this polish and then will input the changes and THEN I'll let it go for a while, to get some perspective and see if I still love my guys after a couple months.

Somehow, I think I will.

No comments: