Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Hotel soaps kill

Man, do they ever.  I was using some shampoo from the Hampton Inn because it had a conditioner in it, and my scalp is just about to come off, it's so tender.  Then the irritation made its way down my skin, here and there, so I now look like I'm a leper.  Unless it IS leprosy.  Which will also kill any potential partners of the romantic kind from seeing me as mating material.  I'm using a Cortisone cream to fight it, now, and the bumps can't decide if they want to stay or go or just connect in that social network manner to wreak more havoc.  From now on, I'm taking my own shampoo and soaps with me.  Who knew I was such a delicate flower?

I've been working on LD and now have a good 119 pages out of 246.  New chapter breaks and details added some length to it -- 51,500 wordage now -- and Daniel and Ace have an "Odd Couple" type of relationship.  I want to get it off to people for feed back before Christmas, since I'll be in San Antonio and busy as hell.

Still no word back from Amazon.  The scum.

It's late.  I'm getting irritable.  I've got a hankering for "County Line's" amazing mushrooms.  I may make a pilgrimage to Austin just for those.

No comments: