Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Decisions made...

In November, I'm working A65 into a book, using the NaNoWriMo challenge. They only want 50K in words to make their minimum; I figure it'll be 65K, but that's cool. That'll give me the chance to flesh out the characters, better, and not have to worry about keeping all the ideas I'm having for it in the script...because it's now up to 113 pages and that is too long for this story.

I'm also reconfiguring "Bobby Carapisi" into a single volume, and I have this worked up as a possible cover. Obviously, it's a lot more explicit as regards what the book is about...maybe too much so. I have to think about this, once I can focus on it. Then I'm self-publishing it in electronic format and in paperback, and putting it solely in the fiction offerings.

The book is over 600K in wordage, so that may be a problem. I'll need to do more research into the limits of companies like CreateSpace and Kindle.

I think I'll also look around to see what other formats are available. There is no way I'd go solely with Amazon, especially considering how casual they are about screw-ups, weasels sneaking in to steal sales of your books, and the general reporting of book sales.

Now it's off to the airport and a long trip to Seattle. I'm not due to get in till after midnight, my time. But I don't have to be at the venue till 5pm my time. And I've got episodes 4, 5, & 6 of "Being Human" to keep me going on the way back.

Cheers.

No comments: