Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

King of Typos, am I...

I'm going back through "Bobby Carapisi" and checking for typos missed during the editing process. I felt it was needed because even just in the reformatting, I found three of them -- a missing word, a parenthesis when one was not supposed to be there, and a comma in pace of a period. Grr. So today, while doing laundry, I scoured the first hundred pages for screw-ups. Found two more -- a missing letter and the same word twice in a row.

This evening I completed Eric's half of Book One. Tomorrow I'll get into Bobby's beginning. I've been able to keep myself from rewriting parts of the book, so far, even though I found an inconsistency. It's not that big a deal of one; it's just irritating to think of all the work I did to get this ready and still missed so much.

At least this keeps me moving forward while I get past this foul mood I'm in. I can't subject A65 to my hyper-critical crap, right now, even though Adam and Casey are ready to rock. They need a fair reworking of their material, not one where I won' be happy with anything in any way, form, or fashion.

This election isn't helping me, at all. It's looking more and more like Obama is deliberately blowing it because he hasn't got the backbone to face another 4 years of GOP obstructionism or just plain isn't willing to accept that he'll always be "boy" to them, no matter how much he tries to compromise with their vile demands. Romney can barely hide his contempt of the man, and his sons are proving to be the epitome of white entitlement bullshit in attitudes that parrot their father.

If Romney wins, we'll return to the 1890s, known as the Gilded Age, where robber barons ruled the country and the courts sided with them any chance they had to.God help us, then.

I guess I should say, feeling pissy's made it easier for me to find those typos and mistakes, since I'm looking for reasons to snarl.

No comments: