Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Second draft...need to craft...

113 pages. And it's chattery, I'm sure. But now it's set for me to dig through and hone it down, again. I'm not taking it to Seattle. I want the 3 day's distance between me and it. I'll print up a copy when I get home and start on it, then. I can already see one place where I don't explain how something happened. I'm sure there'll be others.

I'm close to the point where I need critiques to let me know if the story and characters work. I'm way too close to them. Plus I think Adam needs to have a more delineated character arc. Right now he sort of has one, but it still feels a bit fuzzy. And Casey's is too scattered to make much sense, yet.

this really has become more of a romantic comedy than a straight comedy. Aren't those one of the hardest scripts to sell?

I'm having issues with Amazon, again. Apparently some companies have begun posting my books through Amazon as if they are new listings for sale, and making it look like my books have gone out of print. They're asking ridiculous prices for them -- from $40 to $225! I can't get Amazon to do a damn thing about it, yet, and my publishers are shrugging them off as after-market sellers when they aren't coming across that way. It's irritating...but I don't have the time to dig into what to do about it, yet.

I think I need to find a good lawyer who I can ask legal questions of without paying $400 an hour.

No comments: