Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, October 19, 2012

I has an ennui...

Life's decided to mess with me, a little, so I'm being self indulgent and piddling. I worked up another version of my BC cover, and already think it needs to be changed. Maybe I'll post the next version. I dunno. I just want to sleep.

Sometimes complications are just not worth dealing with. That's when you need distractions...

(UPDATE): I just realized why this photo grabbed me; this model looks so very much like Dwayne, a guy I knew in Houston, it's scary. He hated being gay and was drinking himself to death. He's the one who showed up at the book store I was working in, drunk out of his mind, and lost control of his bladder in the middle of the store. I took him home to his parents' in a small Texas town, they got him into rehab, and he did great for a while. Then fell off the wagon, bigtime.

I cut off contact. You can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved. I've tried too many times to prove that's not true...and failed at all of them. His was the one who finally proved it to me.

That was twenty years ago. Literally. And to see this picture now...it's like the time never passed.

I have no idea what happened to him. My hope is, he climbed back on the wagon and lived a happy life.

It's good to have hope.

No comments: