Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Distractions

I'm working on other things, today, to keep from jumping back into A65 too quickly. I want to get to it Saturday, when I can spend the day on it and go through the whole script and get a feel for the flow of the story. Right now, it seems a bit off center; maybe I'll know better how to make it kick ass if I take a couple more days.

So I worked up another potential cover for the complete "Bobby Carapisi". One that's not as focused on the sex, as that other one was. If anyone wants to give me feedback...
I'm not looking for comments on the quality; I found the photo on Shutterstock and just used their sample, so the edges and color are crap. And I had to change his eyes from blue to brown. But...I can license it for use, and I like the "hiding" aspect of it. This is the proper size for it, too, if I publish through Create Space.

It won't be cheap to do and I won't make a lot on the book's sales, but I think as a single volume it'll come across a lot better. And it was me who pushed Nazca Plains to make the 3 volumes' covers too subtle. My fault, there; sometimes in your face is better than being coy.

Because the fact of the matter is, HTRASG -- which is a VERY in-your-face book -- is still selling steady, and PM is following up, nicely. I guess because they are on the obvious side, even though the stories still contain surprises...I think. The reviews are positive, at least. The only 2 negative reactions came on GoodReads, both apparently female, and they won't tell me what they didn't like.

Irritating.

Unless...they thought it was supposed to be slash fiction. Oh...I wonder what would happen if I wrote a similar story involving Jeremy Renner and Chris Evans, as their characters in "The Avengers", going after Robert Downey Junior's Iron Man? Or vice versa?

Hm...

No comments: