Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Drifted...

No writing done today. I'd intended to work on the new draft of A65 but my mood was all wrong to even think of attempting comedy. So I handled some family crap and worked on another version of the cover for BC and did started reformatting the book for Kindle and, I think Create Space.

It's good that I've got the new version of Word. It supposedly works better with Amazon's requirements than earlier versions. All I've had to do was reconfigure the chapter headings, remove the page numbers, and correct the set-up for spacing between paragraphs.

I'm in no rush to do it, right now. I still need to settle on a cover for the book. But it's getting closer.
I like this workup, except for the font on the title; that's still a bit lightweight. And I almost think I need to return some color to the bricks leading up to the cargo van, for better balance. And the banner at the bottom is a bit too wide.

But...I've got the haunted eyes seeming hidden and the flare works a lot better than a black background. Even the silhouette works for me, now. I'll work up a complete one, tomorrow.

I watched the 1952 version of "The Prisoner of Zenda" on TCM. Never seen the whole movie, before, and it's fun. Gets my brain off things.

No comments: