Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hamstrung

I can't go any farther with translating BC into Kindle until I find out what the issue is about the Table of Contents, so I prepped it for Create Space, to do a paperback edition. Shifting the size to 8x5 from 8.5x11 and using Palatino type instead of Courier...and dropping the type size to 8 point lowered the page count to 561. I dunno if any of that is acceptable, yet; but at 100% viewing size in Word, it's very readable.

It helped that I worked from home, today. With NYC shut down for the next couple of days, nothing much is happening at the office. I have a couple things to work out in Paris and Malibu, but even one of those is in a holding pattern till Friday. And apparently November 1st is a holiday in France and much of Europe. Is that All Souls Day or All Saints? Can't remember.

But sticking with the computer all day has given me quite a tension buzz in my neck and shoulders. I've slopped on Icy Hot and popped some Advil, so now I'm a doper.

More ideas are coming to make A65 better. I've realized one character is doing things another character should, and vise versa. And it helps to reverse one set-up, completely. If I can get BC sent off, tomorrow, I'm plowing into A65, whole hog.

Buffalo didn't get much of Sandy, really. Some wind and rain, and the temperature's dropped a good 15 degrees in the last hour, but up here we were spared the worst of it.

Back on le job in the AM. Guess I'll hit the Kindle boards, before I go to bed, and see if I can get an answer to my ToC problem, since their techies ain't responding to my inquiries.

Typical Amazon bullshit.

No comments: