Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, October 15, 2012

N Terminal sucks

As much as I like Seattle's airport...that's limited to the Central Terminal. It's bright and airy and has huge windows to watch planes land and take off, not to mention a wide array of places to eat. But N Terminal is everything Central Terminal is not -- cramped, minimal food offerings, and worst of all -- next to no electrical outlets, and half of those have no chairs next to them or one socket doesn't work. It's ludicrous in today's flying market.

And don't get me started on the pathetic setup for Security getting into N Terminal. Took 45 minutes.

I've got a nasty headache brewing from this. Well...that and having walked over a fair portion of Seattle. It's about a mile from the LINK station to the warehouse we contract with for the book fair...and a mile back. It's a mile from the Westlake station to a night club I wanted to see...that was closed. It's a mile from Westlake to my hotel, where I left my bag...tho' I took the monorail partway there. But all that walking in the rain...it exhausted me.

Now I'm facing an overnight flight into Dulles Airport and not looking forward to it. Now I wish I'd made it a round trip on Southwest and used a free hotel night I have at Best Western. 20/20 hindsight at work, again. At least I was smart enough to have an extra change of clothes and shoes., so I'm not flying in wet things.

I was going to watch the rest of Season One for "Being Human" on the flight home...but now I don't know. We'll see how Advil does.

No comments: