Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Still moody and broody

But getting back to creative...if still hard to please.
Here's the latest version of the cover for BC. I'm still not completely happy with it...but it's getting closer.It's busy. Maybe if I don't have the cobblestones start till farther up the image...have them come out of black. I dunno.

I bought the picture and having it clean helps, a lot. And I used India Ink and a calligraphy brush to do the title, then scanned it in and colorized it. None of the fonts I have available are really very interesting or seriously dramatic. This was the best out of a dozen different ones I tried.

And the flare is too sharp. I need to cut that back.

Adam and Casey are nudging at me, but I'm wary of getting into A65, yet. Still...I can't waste much more time. I may have a packing job in DC on the 7th. And I want to do the novel thing through November.

It's just...I'm not feelin' it, right now.

No comments: