Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

BAM! First wall...

One of the fun parts of writing is getting into the story and suddenly finding yourself completely rearranging everything. I was still trying to find the right moment to detail what happened to Lara on the night she was raped, and why...when all of a sudden Anastasia hijacked the script. She decided she was going to be a bigger part of it all, and now I don't know what to do.

Seriously, she wants to be the queen bitch or she's gonna tear it apart. If I go the way I'm thinking, right now, it changes everything. Probably for the better. Maybe. No...definitely. The characters in the story decide its direction, and if Stasi feels this strongly (and no one else is willing to fight her over it), that's the way it goes.

So in the opening -- crazy little Mindy does the dive out of the hotel window. Everything else in the first half pretty much stays the same, but this alters the second half in a big way. Because now Carli's looking to find Stasi to talk to her. To find out exactly what happened to Lara and why. And when she does find out (as she must), all hell breaks loose.
But I don't know how to write this moment, at the moment. I've tossed out half a dozen different scenarios and none of them work. Guess I'll focus on it, this weekend.

Of course, Zeke wasn't too crazy about this turn of event. At first. But then he saw I'm going to play with him and this situation, some, like I did with Chase, and that made him smirk at me. He doesn't have a problem with me saying, it's time men were viewed as sexual objects for the taking, by women.

God, the Dworkin Queens will HATE this movie, once it's made...I hope.

No comments: