Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, July 5, 2014

First draft of CK

Okay, it's party time. I slammed down and completed a first draft of Carli's Kills, and now comes the real work -- making sure it fits together in a way that makes sense. It's not yet 90 pages, but there are parts where I cut down the narrative part to things like -- they make love. That, alone, could take two or three minutes if done properly. Or -- She checks the pistol. Fires. Misses. Leading into a bit where Carli shows Zeke she knows more about weaponry than he does. That's ¼ of a page when it will probably be 45 seconds to a minute of screen time.

I have the scenes in the proper order, I think. I do almost believe I'm missing one, but an hour's worth of thought didn't bring it to mind, so...we'll see if it makes its appearance during the rewrite.

I printed out a copy. Now I can do my red pen thing, tomorrow. Until then, a little dance....

This is from Orphan Black, and all the girls dancing are the same actress -- Tatiana Maslany. And this gives you a solid glimpse of how movies are really made, today.

Should give actors with huge egos much pause...but it won't.

No comments: